Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu’s North Shore has expanded its recently announced, resort-wide North Shore Guides Club with the addition of a seasoned team of golf pros. The Turtle Bay Golf Guides will be available to play with guests, show them around, offer instruction and the like; most are highly trained to teach and some are well-known celebrities in the golf world.
- Matt Hall, Turtle Bay Resort Director of Golf: President of the Aloha Section PGA,; co-host of Hawaii’s No. 1 golf talk show; 2009 Aloha Section Golf Professional of the Year
- Dave Eichelberger, celebrity golf guide: 4-time winner on the PGA Tour, 6-time winner on the Champions Tour and a long-time Oahu resident
- Dean Wilson, celebrity golf guide: Born in Kaneohe on Oahu, after a successful golf career at Brigham Young Universityhe has since won 6times on the Japan Golf Tour and once on the PGA Tour, playing in all 4 major championships
- Tony Finau, celebrity golf guide: best known for his appearance on The Golf Channel’s “Big Break,” one of Golf Magazine’s “Top 10 American Players Under 25
- Parker McLachlin, celebrity golf guide: native of Oahu, 3-time Hawaii state champion in both golf and volleyball. On the PGA Tour, he won the Reno-Tahoe Open, among numerous top-10 finishes
- T.J. Kua, celebrity golf guide: A native of Kauai and recent graduate of the University of Hawaii. One of the top up-and-coming pro golfers in Hawaii, winning many amateur tournaments, he has competed in the PGA Tour’s Sony Open
- Anthony Valverde, golf guide: began on the Southern California PGA, now Executive Director and Tournament Director, Aloha Section of the PGA
About the North Shore Guides Club: with skills unique to their mastery of the North Shore’s land, water, and culture, more than 30 local guides host guests throughout the resort’s onsite programs and activities. .
Renovation News: the only resort on the quiet, gorgeous North Shore, Turtle Bay Resort will complete a multi-million-dollar renovation in fall 2013 that includes upgrades to all of its standard and premium guest rooms and hallways; two of its restaurants; the spa and fitness center; the main building roof and lobby area; and the addition of a media center.
Golf Digest calls the Palmer Course at Turtle Bay one of the "Top 100 Public Courses in the US, ” while the slightly more forgiving Fazio Course, rambling along the oceanfront, has hosted such events as the LPGA Hawaiian Open. (New Titleist high performance rental clubs have just arrived, and you can use them all week for one rental fee.)BestGolfResortsofTheWorld.com, Karen Misuraca is a travel and golf writer from the California Wine Country. She blogs golf travel and writes about Deep Culture Travel. Check out Karen's new iPhone app, California Coast North.